03 December 2013

sea of love

“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.” 
my favorite quote from my favorite book. it reminds me to keep moving forward even when the terrain gets rough. fitzgerald wrote those words in the great gatsby.
i have been struggling lately. as a young adult, it is sometimes hard to know if you are on the right path-- if you should continue forward or take a few steps back. sometimes i wish there was a manual to life, but that would simply be too easy. 
anyways, today i did enjoy myself for the most part. it twas a busy day with class and meetings but i did manage to meet my dear friend madeline for coffee. 


what i wore:
vintage sweater
daniel rainn blazer
madewell shorts
topshop tights
and of course my lovely black booties 







if you are ever in the area, the boston common coffee co is located on washington street and is quite divine. 


i ran away from my problems tonight and walked 3 miles (in wedges) to allston to go to my favorite (but very overpriced) goodwill. they're always wonderful vintage gems hidden in their racks. why did i walk you ask? my feet are asking me that same question. but in all honesty, i needed the fresh air.

as a quick side note, today in class my favorite professor (with amazing style) showed us this gorgeous book with indescribable artwork. i fell in love. Daniel Egneus is a genius. please look up his work. 





angie (my professor) always writes inspirational quotes for us to take in. today's was:
"laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. life's too short to be anything but happy".

be happy y'all.
xxxo

3 comments:

  1. great photos! your hair is gorgeous! and i love those booties.
    xo,
    maddie

    http://feelingmagenta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect style ! You are very pretty and your hair is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

leave a note!