06 October 2013

a day at the mfa

i spent the day with my boyfriend's mother at the museum of fine arts, we had a delightful time.  


my favorite section of the museum is the european paintings. i could stare at renoir's Dancing with Renoir for hours. i also love looking at picasso's masterpieces. my favorite work of his is the Girl with the Yellow Hair which i was fortunate enough to see last summer at the guggenheim in nyc. 


the mfa was featuring an exhibit on rembrandt's etchings pressed from hand-carved bronze plates (all printed during his lifetime). it was definitely a sight, id be lying if i said i didn't shed a tear or two. 


artistic geniuses inspire me. i feel the need to take out my paints and lock myself out of the house.
 life it too beautiful to leave it unnoticed, art is my way of appreciating it. 

xxxo


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect way to spend the day. There is so much beauty around us, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are lovely! I need to take a trip to that museum.

    ReplyDelete

leave a note!