03 November 2013

nyc | sophie

i have had an extremely hectic weekend. it is so nice to just sit, relax, and write. i spent halloween night in salem, ma with my good friends. it was quite an experience, in all my years of traveling, i have never experienced anything quite like it. after an hour of sleep i was off to nyc on a day trip to see my love, sophie. i hadnt seen sophie in nine years. nine years! we met in the netherlands at an international school when i was quite young. she is british and a beaut. seeing her was like we never parted ways, she will always be my best and longest friend. 

we spent the day touring the met, going out to a lovely lunch, then admiring the memorable building standing tall over ground zero.




as i usually do at the met, i cried over the renoirs on display. lucky for me, sophie (who is a wedding photographer back in the uk) cried in the photography section. 







the guggenheim is a gorgeous building. inside lives my favorite picasso. 



for lunch we ate at dean & deluca on the upper east side of manhattan. it was devine. 





i had a wonderful day in a wonderful city with a wonderful gal. saying goodbye is always hard, but i know it wont be nine years until i see her again. 

yesterday was the red sox parade, i had a shoot for em Magazine (i got a gig styling). i had to walk 3 miles towards back bay because the mbta was down for the parade. i found myself running right into big papi on my way. it was fun to watch. congratulations red sox! i am very proud of my city.


xxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note!